For those of us who believe that planetary positions affect our everyday lives, see Mercury Retrograde as one of the few times a year when the planet Mercury rotates at a slower than usual pace, giving it the illusion that it’s moving backwards. This backward seeming illusion has its parallel in our lives, creating problems in communication, travel and even technology, hence, its reputation as the planetary troublemaker. During Mercury Retrograde it’s wise to be careful about the way you operate your life in order to avoid a variety of problems that tend to occur during this cosmic event. The retrograde period is when the world seems to go haywire with miscommunication of all types.
From an astrological standpoint, each planet in the sky exerts unique influence on us and the world we live in. The planet Mercury rules our intelligence, mind, memory and all types of communication ranging from talking and texting to writing. It also affects our self-expression and communication style. In a public sense, Mercury rules our commerce, computers, telephones, transportation and air travel.
The purpose of Mercury Retrograde?
Gives us the opportunity to re-think your actions and even “fix what’s broken”. Doing this, when you move forward, you will produce even better results. The 3 weeks of Mercury Retrograde are meant to be a contemplative period where you review past ideas and insights you have had, activities you’ve been involved with, projects that you are working on, communications with others and all decisions you plan to make. MR is an excellent time to review, research, revise, reevaluate and reconsider all your plans so you can make more successful decisions when Mercury goes direct January 25th.
Below are 7 tips on How to Survive Mercury Retrograde (Jan 5-25):
- Take special note of technology breakdowns, travel delays and lost items. (During retrograde things don’t work, poor planning, you’re more careless)
- Watch your communications with others; be extra careful with your words. (You’re more likely to misspeak)
- Double check the documents you write, your emails, even posts on social media. (You’re mistake (typo) prone)
- People from your past pop-up and re-enter your life. (You may have forgotten them but magically they appear months or even years later)
- It’s a bad time to negotiate or commit to taking a new job. (Important details that may affect your decision are missed or you may find that you haven’t been given the whole truth and “nothing but the truth”)
- Cars breakdown or the one you buy turns out to be a lemon. (Make sure to get your car serviced, don’t buy a car until retrograde ends)
- Avoid signing documents or executing contracts, making firm commitments of any kind. (There’s something(s) you don’t know, that you will when Mercury goes direct on January 25.
If you have other tips on how to survive Mercury Retrograde, please comment them below!